Official Rules & Information:
1. Eligibility. The Summer Smile Giveaway is open to individuals 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Innovative Dental and their immediate family members are not eligible.
2. Entries. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. (CDT) on June 1st, 2018 and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (CDT) on July 31, 2018. Individual entries will only be accepted through www.summersmilegiveaway.com and must include answers to the following questions:
Why do you or the person you’re nominating need a smile makeover?
Tell us a bit about yourself. How does your current smile impact your life day to day?
What does your dream smile look like?
How does it make you feel?
Video submissions beyond the time limit provided will only be considered up to the 2 minute mark.
Each entry must also include a full face photo and an up close smile photo of the individual under consideration. Enter by submitting an Official Entry Form located at www.summersmilegiveaway.com. Innovative Dental will not be responsible for incomplete, lost or late entries, or for failure to receive entries for any reason, including but not limited to transmission or technical failures. Data rates may apply and are the responsibility of the entrant. All entries become the property of Innovative Dental and are released to be used in any marketing, promotion, or announcement.
3. Selection. Finalists will be chosen by Dr. Olson and a committee of team members from Innovative Dental, at their discretion and announced in late August - early September 2018 and notified by phone or email provided in the original entry form. Finalists will be required to complete an in-office, complementary comprehensive exam as well as a full set of diagnostic x rays and scans. The nominee would be responsible fully for the cost of traveling to Innovative Dental for this appointment. If an in-person visit to our practice is not feasible, a virtual consult can be done instead. However, the nominee would be responsible for the cost of obtaining current x-rays (within the past year) suitable for diagnosis, determined at the discretion of Innovative Dental. Should a finalist be chosen, complete the required diagnostic visit, and not be a candidate for treatment Innovative Dental can provide due to either ethical, timeline or service capability parameters, Innovative Dental reserves the right to remove the finalist from the running for the Grand Prize. If the finalist does not respond to our notification within a 48 hour window of time, and/or does not show up for their mandatory comprehensive oral exam within the provided time frame set up at the time of notification, then all prizes may be voided at the sole discretion of Innovative Dental. The final 5 entries will be posted and shared via social media, including but not limited to Facebook, YouTube and Instagram to be voted on by Innovative Dental’s followers. Additionally, finalists may be asked to participate in a promotional video. Voting will take place for approximately 7 days following the finalists announcement. Specific voting period will be announced along with the finalists.
4. Prize. Winner Chosen/Announced by August 31st, 2018. Once chosen, the winner may receive one or more of the following services: restorative dentistry, endodontic therapy, orthodontic therapy, implant dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, or other applicable services at the discretion of Innovative Dental (approximate retail value $3,000 - $35,000). Treatment Completed in September or following, as needed for procedures specific to the case. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received plus the severity of need based on Innovative Dental’s discretion.
Treatment needed beyond the timeframe of the contest or not part of the original prize is the financial responsibility of the patient. Any additional treatment needed as a result of the patient’s personal hygiene routine or daily habits on teeth that were treated as a part of the prize is the financial responsibility of the patient, as Innovative Dental can not control outside factors impacting their work. Lastly any diagnostic records taken as a resource to treat the patient for the initial prize are complementary and the property of Innovative Dental, thus they cannot be transferred to other practices for the patient’s use.
Forfeiture of prize and the selection of an alternate (provided sufficient eligible entries are received) winner may result from any of the following: entrant: (1) fails to respond to a notification (with all requested information) within the required time; (2) is sent an email notification that is returned as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) fails to complete and return a required Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (and any other documents, if requested) within the required time; (4) is sent a prize notification/documentation that is returned as undeliverable for any reason; (5) is deemed ineligible or cannot be notified or contacted; (6) is unable to provide satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address (7) is not available to have procedures performed on the dates and times specified by Innovative Dental; or (8) fails to respond to any other required time periods or is otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules;
Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release which must be returned within 48 hours following the date of first attempted notification. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded. For grand prize winner list, visit
Treatment is to be streamed live on Innovative Dental's social channels including, but not limited to Facebook and YouTube.
5. Travel. Travel expenses will be covered and arranged for the winner of the Summer Smile Giveaway should they reside outside the state of Missouri. Specifics on what is provided are at the discretion of the Innovative Dental Team, and must meet the necessary timeline provided upon the conclusion of the giveaway to the winner. All travel documents and any associated costs are the responsibility of the winner.
6. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the committee. Innovative Dental reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Innovative Dental. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Innovative Dental which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Innovative Dental reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Innovative Dental reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
7. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants to Innovative Dental and Contest Sponsors an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the entrant's submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media now known or hereinafter developed (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. If his/her entry is selected as the winning entry, entrant will sign any additional license and release that Innovative Dental and Contest Sponsors may require to provide that Innovative Dental and the Contest Sponsors, may use entrant-winner's name, biographical information, address, picture/photograph likeness (including before, during and after photographs), video footage and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration to entrant-winner in connection with entrant-winner's use and acceptance of the prize.
8. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT INNOVATIVE DENTAL, CONTEST SPONSORS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY.
9. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Innovative Dental or Sponsors, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the valid or enforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. General Release. By entering the Contest, entrants release Innovative Dental, Contest Sponsors and any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
11. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes.